City of Orting
                      Small Town, Big View                                                  

     110 Train Street SE     PO Box 489     Orting WA 98360       360.893.2219
Utility Billing

Forms Available for Download: 



Utility Payment Options

Pay by Mail

Send payments to PO Box 489, Orting, WA 98360-0489.

Bill Payer Program (through your financial institution)
You can arrange with your bank to have them pay your bills for you. Contact your bank for more information. Allow ten days for your payment processing.

Outside Payment Box
You can attach the payment stub to your check or money order and place it in our night drop. The drop is located at 110 Train St SE near the front door of City Hall.

Pay in Person
The Utility Billing office is located in Orting City Hall, 110 Train St SE, Orting, WA 98360.

                Frequently Asked Questions - Utility Billing

Q. When is my payment due?
A. Your monthly bill is due by  4:00 p.m. on the 25th of each month.

Q. What if I did not receive my bill in the mail?
A. Your account is billed every month. If you do not receive your bill, please call City Hall at (360) 893-2219. You are responsible for the bill whether it is received or not.

Q. What happens if my water is turned off for non-payment?
A. Service will be restored upon payment of the bill, placing a deposit on your account (if applicable) and payment of a $25.00 processing fee.

Q. May I turn my meter on or off?
A. No. A City employee will do this for you at no cost. The water meter is the property of the City and damages to the meter could be charged to you. Call City Hall at 360-893-2219.

Q. What if I think my bill is too high?
 A. You can easily check for an error in the meter reading used to calculate your bill. Simply read your water meter to see if the reading is higher or lower than the reading on your bill. If it is lower, call City Hall at (360) 893-2219 and we will make the necessary adjustments. If the reading is higher, you should check for a leak in your house plumbing or service line.

Q. What are the City's responsibilities for water line repairs?
A. The City is responsible for the main line and meter up to the point of the customer's service line connection to the meter.

Q. Does the City issue an adjustment for leaks?
A. Adjustments are made one time only. If you should discover a leak, contact City Hall immediately and the matter will be investigated.

Q. Do I have any other responsibilities as a City water user?
A. Yes, you are required to keep your water meter clear and accessible for reading and maintenance purposes. This includes those meters located in utility easements. 

For any other questions related to your utility bill       please call City Hall at (360) 893-2219.