Small Works Roster
The City of Orting will no longer maintain Small Works and Consultant rosters separate from those provided by MRSC.
For Contractors and Consultants
MRSC Rosters is a convenient and cost-effective way for marketing services to Agencies statewide through only one registration process.
Register for the City’s Roster by clicking the links below.
Operated by the not-for-profit Municipal Research & Services Center of Washington (MRSC), the MRSC Rosters is a fee-based service for all participants charged annually; however Contractors and Consultants do have a free option to register for individual Agency rosters.
Ellen J. Hutchinson
MRSC Rosters Manager
Municipal Research & Services Center of Washington
2601 Fourth Avenue, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98121-1280
Phone: 206-625-1300, extension 105
Thank you for your interest in
doing business with the City of Orting!
Q. What is MRSC Rosters?
A. MRSC Rosters is an online database for Washington State local government agencies (cities, counties, school districts, and special districts) to solicit work from contractors eligible to bid on small public works projects (projects under $200,000) and to solicit work from consultants. As a shared roster system, MRSC Rosters provides agencies with access to a current contractor and consultant list, while at the same time allowing contractors and consultants the marketing advantage of reaching multiple agencies through just one roster application process.
Advantages of MRSC Rosters
- Promotes efficiency in government
- Provides a single application process for contractors/consultants
- to register with multiple agencies
- Allows agencies to share costs
- Reduces individual agency staffing needs
- Provides access to a much larger pool of contractors/consultants
- Allows ease of electronic search and notification
- Provides more and lower bids from qualified contractors/consultants
Q. How does it work?
A. 1. MRSC accepts and processes electronic applications from contractors and consultants and checks them for compliance with the new mandatory bidder responsibility criteria.
2. Once a contractor/consultant is verified, their account is activated and participating agencies are able to search for a contractor/consultant by service category or alphabetical listing.
3. After generating an email list of potential bidders, the agencies can send out requests for proposals.
4. To fulfill Washington State statutory requirements, MRSC will advertise on behalf of all participating agencies in the Daily Journal of Commerce, indicating that they are using the MRSC Rosters.
Q. Who is Involved?
A. There has been an overwhelming interest in participating in MRSC Rosters. After being online for only about two months, there are already 60 agencies, 250 consultants, and 320 contractors on the roster, with more joining daily. Currently, participating agencies are within the following counties: Clallam, King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom. MRSC is marketing the MRSC Rosters throughout Washington State, with more agencies steadily joining. We plan to bring in agencies not only within the Puget Sound area, but also from the entire state.